Takoradi: Man sets neighbour’s house ablaze for buying new car (PHOTOS)

Takoradi: Man sets neighbour’s house ablaze for buying new car (PHOTOS)

A man who is said to be in his late twenties and whose name is given as Mawu has set a neighbour’s house ablaze for buying a new car.
Speaking to www.233times.com at Zenith in Takoradi, the victim Mrs. Afia Manu Baah said the culprit has been threatening her and the family since the husband bought a new car. “It all started when he started saying that my husband has bought a car. His (Mawu) elder brother’s wife was telling him that if my husband hasn’t got money, he wouldn’t have bought a car. I was eavesdropping on their conversation whilst I was cooking in my kitchen. So that is when all of this started.”
“The worst of it is when we started doing extension of our house and he started targeting us. I have not done anything wrong, he is always insulting me and threatening me. He could even carry my youngest child and drop her down” Madam Afia told www.233times.com.
“I haven’t been able to sleep throughout the night because of he was shouting behind my window. I reported him to an elder woman in the neighbourhood and the elder woman whom we call Auntie said I shouldn’t respond. So she told me to go into the room and shouldn’t respond. This is not his first time. He has been disturbing me for a while. I sometimes face him but since Auntie told me not to respond, I ignored him. I have rented my mother’s store in town so the payment was done yesterday. I was in the room counting the money when a neighbour told me to come out of the house because it was on fire. I hurriedly came out of the house. The only thing I took was my phone. The dress I am wearing is for someone and another person bought panty for me” Afia recounted to www.233times.com how it started.
Asking her if there is anything wrong with the mind of the culprit, Afia said “Hee is a known wee smoker in the area and we are told he adds tramol to the wee. He is also a drunkard and smokes cigarette so when he is high, he misbehaves in the area. I have reported him to the police two times. The police says he is not mentally stable. I have been there two times but I can say that he is mentally stable. It is the wee that is making him behave like that. He has been smoking the wee openly in this area and I always call people to witness it. He smokes pepper and other things too.”  
A 76 year oldman, Nana Omoanu who is also a neighbour of Mawu told www.233times.com that he was also beaten by the culprit last Saturday (18th November, 2017). “I was asleep when he started beating me with military belt. I also hit him with my walking stick but since he is stronger than me he was beating me with the military belt. It took the intervention of a good Samaritan to come to my aid, I wonder what he would have done to me. It is the wee that he smokes that makes him behave like that, I don’t think he is mad. We have reported him twice to the police but they say they can’t arrest him.”
The house has been burnt beyond recognition. “The only thing I have left is my mobile phone because the dress is for someone and even the panty I am wearing was bought for me now by a friend “Mrs. Baah told www.233times.com.
Neighbors also told www.233times.com that his mother has left their family home because he threatened to impregnate the mother.
It took the intervention of the Sekondi Fire Service to prevent the inferno from reaching other houses nearby.
Author: Nana Kwesi Coomson (www.233times.com) @nkcoomson on Twitter 

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post